October 21, 2013
2013 Halloween Safety Tips
By: Steve Casey, Executive Director
Imagine if you will this scene. It’s just about dark outside and a chilly wind is beginning to blow and you have just settled in your favorite chair to watch the evening news when there is a faint knock at the door. You get up and walk to the door and look through the peep hole but there is no one there. You sit back down and soon after you hear a scratch at the door and some voices. As you near the door you hear laughing and see some flashlights. Just as you open the door you realize your neighborhood has once again been invaded by hundreds of munchkins, goblins, and little monsters all looking for a treat and you forgot it’s Halloween. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Well, don’t worry, this was just a bad dream and you still have time to run out for a bucket load of candy and other healthy treats. In addition, if you’re a parent you will need to take a few other precautions so here are a few safety tips from our friends at the Center for Disease Control, as well as FSA's own Crime Prevention Tip.
Behind the Badge is the official blog of the Florida Sheriffs Association.
Want to leave a comment?
- 5 Points with Sheriff Sadie Darnell
- Sheriff Larry Campbell Honored by Local Law Enforcement Group
- The Role Sheriffs Play in the Reforming of our Laws and Law Enforcement
- Rules to Follow When Calling 911
- National Telecommunicators Week – help us recognize these important people!
- 5 Points with Sheriff Ken Mascara
- Florida Sheriffs Rescue One of their Own at Winter Conference
- The Peacekeepers and the Role They Play In Our Lives
- The Importance of Supporting Law Enforcement Training
- Attorney General Commends Florida Sheriffs