October 21, 2013
2013 Halloween Safety Tips
By: Steve Casey, Executive Director
Imagine if you will this scene. It’s just about dark outside and a chilly wind is beginning to blow and you have just settled in your favorite chair to watch the evening news when there is a faint knock at the door. You get up and walk to the door and look through the peep hole but there is no one there. You sit back down and soon after you hear a scratch at the door and some voices. As you near the door you hear laughing and see some flashlights. Just as you open the door you realize your neighborhood has once again been invaded by hundreds of munchkins, goblins, and little monsters all looking for a treat and you forgot it’s Halloween. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Well, don’t worry, this was just a bad dream and you still have time to run out for a bucket load of candy and other healthy treats. In addition, if you’re a parent you will need to take a few other precautions so here are a few safety tips from our friends at the Center for Disease Control, as well as FSA's own Crime Prevention Tip.
Behind the Badge is the official blog of the Florida Sheriffs Association.
Want to leave a comment?
- Behind the Badge with Volusia County Sheriff Ben Johnson
- Behind the Badge with Jefferson County Sheriff David Hobbs
- Behind the Badge with Sheriffs Jerry Demings and Sadie Darnell
- FSA Video Blog: Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings
- FSA Video Blog: Okaloosa County Sheriff Larry Ashley
- FSA Video Blog: Gadsden County Sheriff Morris Young
- FSA Video Blog: Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd
- FSA Video Blog: Seminole County Sheriff Don Eslinger
- FSA Video Blog: FSA Executive Director Steve Casey
- FSA Video Blog : Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell