For Immediate Release
Florida Sheriffs Association Awards State Representatives
October 4, 2011, Tallahassee, FL – Each year, the Florida Sheriffs Association recognizes state legislators who have made significant contributions to criminal justice and public safety through their leadership. The Florida Sheriffs Association has identified those Florida legislators who gave critical support to FSA and Florida’s Sheriffs for bills we support, as well as working through bills of concern and helping us defeat those bills we opposed.
During the 2011 legislative session, there were a number of key legislators who the Sheriffs counted on to ensure a successful session. This past legislation session, nine legislators were chosen by the Florida Sheriffs Association to receive a legislative leadership award for supporting a strong public-safety agenda. Sheriffs throughout the state are presenting plaques to these nine legislators on behalf of FSA President and Volusia County Sheriff Ben Johnson.
This year FSA is recognizing:
• Rep. William Snyder to be presented by Martin County Sheriff Bob Crowder
• Rep. Dennis Baxley to be presented by Marion County Sheriff Ed Dean
• Sen. Ronda Storms to be presented by Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd and Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco
• Rep. Rich Glorioso to be presented by Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee and Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco
• Rep. Shawn Harrison to be presented by Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee and Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco
• Rep. Greg Steube to be presented by Manatee County Sheriff Brad Steube, Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee and Sarasota County Sheriff Tom Knight
• Rep. Tom Goodson to be presented by Brevard County Sheriff Jack Parker
• Sen. Gwen Margolis to be presented by Miami Dade County Public Safety Director James K. Loftus
• Rep. John Patrick Julien to be presented by Dade County Public Safety Director James K. Loftus
We will continue to work with our state representatives and senators to speak on behalf of the 67 Sheriffs, their staff, and all the members of the Florida Sheriffs Association on legislation geared toward keeping the state’s citizens and visitors safe. To see our 2012 legislative agenda, please visit http://www.flsheriffs.org/legislative/legislative_platform.
# # #