October 21, 2013
2013 Halloween Safety Tips
By: Steve Casey, Executive Director
Imagine if you will this scene. It’s just about dark outside and a chilly wind is beginning to blow and you have just settled in your favorite chair to watch the evening news when there is a faint knock at the door. You get up and walk to the door and look through the peep hole but there is no one there. You sit back down and soon after you hear a scratch at the door and some voices. As you near the door you hear laughing and see some flashlights. Just as you open the door you realize your neighborhood has once again been invaded by hundreds of munchkins, goblins, and little monsters all looking for a treat and you forgot it’s Halloween. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Well, don’t worry, this was just a bad dream and you still have time to run out for a bucket load of candy and other healthy treats. In addition, if you’re a parent you will need to take a few other precautions so here are a few safety tips from our friends at the Center for Disease Control, as well as FSA's own Crime Prevention Tip.
Want to leave a comment?
- The Florida Sheriffs Association Task Force
- Behind the Badge Special Edition - Transitioning into the Role of Sheriff
- Behind the Badge Special Edition - Social Media
- Behind the Badge Special Edition - Emotional Intelligence
- Behind the Badge with Sarasota County Sheriff Tom Knight
- Are We Fighting a War on Drugs?
- Behind the Badge with Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri
- Behind the Badge with Columbia County Sheriff Mark Hunter
- Behind the Badge with Citrus County Sheriff Jeffrey Dawsy
- Behind the Badge with Leon County Sheriff Mike Wood