Need An Inspection?
What You Need to Know
Inspections are required every year for county jails. Inspections do not need to be conducted at the same time every year; however, they must be completed by December 31. Inspectors must be certified in order to conduct sanctioned inspections.
Lists of Certified Inspectors:
- Jail Inspectors (Updated August 2018) This includes an Excel spreadsheet which can be sorted by county, name, etc. Be sure to check the certification expiration date (month/year).
- Jail Medical Inspectors (Updated August 2018) This is an Excel spreadsheet which can be sorted by county, first name, etc. Be sure to check the certification expiration date.
Below are forms and checklists that inspectors will use during annual inspections:
- Inspection checklist Part I (Updated 1/17)
- Inspection checklist Part II (Updated 11/18)
- Medical checklist Part I (Revised version, effective 1/17)
- Medical checklist Part II (Revised version, effective 1/17)
- Youth checklist (Updated 1/17)
FMJS Inspector Critiques, Complaints and Evaluations