FSA Presents Legislative Leadership Awards
During 2010 legislative session, there were a number of key legislators that the Sheriffs counted on to ensure a successful session. The Florida Sheriffs Association has identified those legislators who assisted the Sheriffs most in bills we support, working through bills of concern and helping us defeat bills we opposed.
Ten legislators were chosen by the Sheriffs to receive legislative leadership awards for supporting a strong public safety agenda. Sheriffs throughout the state are presenting plaques to the legislators in the coming weeks on behalf of FSA President Hamilton County Sheriff Harrell Reid.
- Senator Jeff Atwater - award to be presented by Sheriff Ric L. Bradshaw, Palm Beach County
- Senator Mike Fasano, award presented by Sheriff Bob White, Pasco County, at the West Pasco Republican Club's 35th Anniversary Gala
- Senator Steve Oelrich, award to be presented by Sheriff Sadie Darnell, Alachua County
- Senator Ronda Storms, award to be presented by Sheriff David Gee Hillsborough County
- Senator Dennis Jones, award to be presented by Sheriff James F. Coats, Pinellas County
- Representative Ed Hooper, award to be presented by Sheriff James F. Coats, Pinellas County
- Representative Alan Hays, award to be presented by Sheriff Gary S. Borders, Lake County
- Representative Jim Frishe, award to be presented by Sheriff James F. Coats, Pinellas County
- Representative Debbie Mayfield, award was presented by Sheriff Deryl Loar, Indian River County
- Representative Adam Fetterman, award to be presented by Sheriff Ken Mascara St. Lucie County
After receiving his award, Senator Mike Fasano said, "The responsibilities the Sheriffs of Florida have are challenging and varied. As the top law-enforcement officer in each county, the Sheriff is ultimately responsible for the safety of potentially hundreds of thousands of lives. In a time of fiscal strain, the Sheriff must be creative in the allocation of often diminishing resources while at the same time taking on greater law enforcement duties. I am humbled that the Florida Sheriffs Association has recognized my legislative efforts to assist them in Tallahassee in whatever way possible."
Congratulations to our legislators. We humbly appreciate your continued support.