Response to and Investigation of Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking
- 2617 Mahan Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32308
- January 17, 2018 at 8:00am - January 18, 2018 at 12:45pm
The National Sheriffs Association in collaboration with the Office on Violence Against Women presents Law Enforcement Training: Response to and Investigation of Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking
Date & Time:
January 17 – 18, 2018
Wednesday, January 17: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday, January 18: 8 a.m. – 12:45 a.m.
Florida Sheriffs Association
2617 Mahan Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32308
The 12-hour training will focus on the unique needs of front-line officers, investigators, and street supervisors. An expert law enforcement officer, prosecutor, and domestic violence advocate will team-teach law enforcement to appropriately respond to and investigate domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking cases.
- Increase officer and victim safety, and increase offender accountability to prevent future abuse
- Identify interviewing, evidence gathering, and probable cause determination techniques to investigate and report Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking crimes more effectively
- Identify liability issues for law enforcement agencies and apply practices to potentially decrease risk of lawsuits
- Understand dynamics of domestic violence
- Identify the unique needs of responding to and investigating cases involving underserved populations
- Identify the essential components of the decision to arrest
- Understand all aspects of protection orders
- Apply federal domestic violence laws
Please register at the following link: http://www.sheriffs.org/AZDVTraining
This project is supported by Grant No. 2015-X1717-VA-TA awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.